we have left space in the design to add a carbon capture device.
As someone put it, "well, my drive is Ferrari ready". This is Greenwash at its most absurd:
- Its not 'carbon' capture, is is carbon dioxide that will be trapped.
- The energetics mean that even more coal will need to be burnt, as the capture process will require energy.
- The industrial scale process is unproven.
- The idea is that we can add on a new bit of technology and return to business as usual.
- I've heard no-one suggest that the emerging economies include carbon capture.
- simpler, based on the principle of 'enough';
- based on something other than shopping/buying things to make people happy;
- much more local, reducing traveling and moving goods (particularly food);
- honest, we need politicians who are capable, and allowed to tell the truth;
- more resilient, with small communities the centre of our lives.