- Capitalism - because it is so obvious that it makes people unhappy and is unsustainable;
- Climate Change - because it would be nice to have a decent planet for our grandchildren;
- Bankers - because some of them are extremely selfish people;
- Nuclear Weapons - because they are clearly immoral;
- Civil Liberties - because if you don't have freedom, what do you have;
- and many more.
Of course they can't believe that.
They aren't even really thinking about things, they are just reacting. The thing that really worries me is the solution the world 'found' to two previous major stock market crashes - the two World Wars. Our global society needs to move to a much longer term view if it is to survive.
But our leaders are devoted to their model.
The leaders of the nations believe that they can solve the problem, and yet they don't even know what the problem is - because it is the entire system that got them elected.
What we need is a system that doesn't rely on growth and power - and I just don't see our leaders going for that voluntarily.