Tuesday, 20 January 2009

Obama compared to Brown

Having just listened to Obama's inauguration speech I feel bound to compare the insight and decisive nature of this man with the bumbling off-the-cuff reactions of Brown. Shame on Brown. He is a bright man and yet he is leading a failing regime around in pathetic circles.

I hope Brown has listened to Obama and realised that he also has the chance to lead us - with "eyes fixed on the horizon". But I doubt it. It seems more likely that the opposition will have listened - and maybe learnt.

"We will restore science to its rightful place, and wield technology's wonders to raise health care's quality and lower its cost. We will harness the sun and the winds and the soil to fuel our cars and run our factories. And we will transform our schools and colleges and universities to meet the demands of a new age. All this we can do. All this we will do."

As I read his speech I am moved by almost every passage. This man has made an old cynic dare to hope. Let me not be disappointed.

Update: 23:30 20th Jan 2009

These links are worth following:

No comments:

Post a Comment